UPDATE: Provincial Modified Step 2 effective January 5th 2021.
Good afternoon GMHA Members,
Please see the release from the Town of Georgina.
As per the Provincial announcement effective January 5, 2022, all indoor recreation facilities are closed for at least 21 days.
Included below is the Covid-19 public health measures and advice for your reference.
Sports and recreational fitness activities
Indoor areas of facilities used for sports and recreational fitness activities, including gyms, sporting events and personal training must operate under the following conditions:
- indoor closed with limited exceptions and conditions (such as athletes training for Olympics and Paralympics, select professional and elite amateur sport leagues who will operate via an approved framework from the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health and persons with disabilities for physical therapy)
- outdoor open with spectators limited to 50 per cent capacity and other restrictions
- proof of vaccination required for facilities with a usual capacity of 20,000 or more people
Recreational amenities must operate under the following conditions:
- indoor recreational amenities closed
- outdoor recreational amenities open
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.